Thursday, June 23, 2016

Haley S.'s Story/Thoughts

I of all people know that getting started can be difficult. The point is to keep going and keep showing up even when you’re mentally fist fighting yourself not to exercise, thinking things like:  “I can do it tomorrow,” “Sleep is more important right now,” or my favorite, “I don’t want to.” I’ve learned that you have to make a game of it. I tell myself that I’ll feel better after, to just jump in – It’ll be fun (haha). I often imagine the moves as something else, like…riding a scooter. Or pretending I’m a sumo-wrestler. Or a deadly ninja holding off an army of my enemies. Yes, It’s a bit childish, but I’m only twenty-four so… To make a long story short, I was overweight and unhappy when the opportunity to work at Lifetime Fitness came along. I’m still working on myself but for the most part I feel great. I have more confidence and I love the people that I interact with each day. There’s a sense of worth and clarity that comes when you know you’re trying and that someday (hopefully sooner rather than later) you’ll reach your goal. If you get nothing else out of it, think about all those happy making endorphins. Oh, and don’t forget to smile while you do it. Smiling is important. :D
(Started working for LFI in 2014)

Haley S

No comments:

Post a Comment